Monday, August 01, 2005

New trains

With Sara's help, I managed to get out the door in time to make the 6:49 train from 22nd St. to Sunnyvale this morning. The new Caltrain schedule should improve my commute somewhat. Caltrain has added "baby bullet" trains and local/express hybrids to its schedule. The hybrid "limited" trains run about 10 minutes faster than they did before today. I did notice that there was only one bike car on my morning train. In the past, there has often been two. Although bike car was about 2/3 full, I expect fewer early morning riders once people get used to the new schedule.

The new trains are faster on the way home, too. If I leave work at 4:30, I should be home by 6 PM.

Technorati tags: , ,

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger MKT said...

Are you going to take the 6:49 am train every day? I'm aiming to get on the same train at Millbrae, on flying days.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger John O'Neill said...

Well, every day I can make it. Sometimes I sleep in . . . or oversleep. Hope to see you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home